Tuesday 3 July 2018

Renewal.

I will tell you in the morning if it is 'right', but we are a bit over it all at this time of day...10pm. Too late to be changing things around, but what the heck, we wont have to do it tomorrow.

Voila! Our new white room!

Book case has a new lease on life, and I think we have the room sorted. Like I said, tomorrow I will know for sure. We still have a wall unit (coming) to put on the right hand wall (you cant see that one) and then it will be complete, and hopefully somewhere we will want to sit...if we ever sit down, that is. Note to self.....


Painting of this room took just about a week, with many interruptions and days off etc. I finished the ceiling this afternoon and decided that one thick coat was sufficient. Frankly, I didnt have the wherewithal to do another. Pooped!
The chandelier had a clean too, while I was up there taking the paper shroud off it.
Now lovely and sparkly!

 It needed some fixing too, so I was able to attend to that while on the ladder.

Along the way we ate lunch on the front terrace and sat in our comfy chairs out there enjoying a cuppa before getting back to our various projects.
Waz is installing new outside lighting, and of course it is in a really challenging place on a slope (under the ladder legs). Being safe is always uppermost in our thoughts, and he spent some time figuring out the best way to approach the ladder/slope issue. I was roped in to hold the ladder. No easy way to do this one.

The more challenging part happens tomorrow when he will have to climb up to that nick out of the corner of the building, about where his right arm is in this photo. See it on the other side of the downpipe? That is where the old light was, and they took a real chunk out of the corner of the concrete. Some repair work needed there.

It didnt get done today because it was nearing time for me to put the duck breast on to cook. I also had some sweet potato begging to be cooked in Duck Fat! Yes, they literally cried out for it! Honest!

It is a while since we have had a fully cooked meal. Mostly I opt for cooked meat and cole slaw or salad, but duck breast needed peas and ...you get the picture....well, actually you do...below!
The duck breast is resting before being sliced and served.
 Dinner is served! Very yummy, but I overcooked the duck...sheesh! 20 mins at 180C, after searing the fat, I thought I would be getting a nice pink inside. Nope! Better luck next time. We buy it on special, so I have another one in the freezer!
We were both starving! We had seconds on the sweet potato...soooo good!
Main meal was followed by dessert of Fraise (strawberry and Lemon) and Citron Sorbet....Very refreshing. There's that lavender again! Picked from our own bush!
 This was something new for us, and on special...2 for price of one.  Bio  (Bee oh) means Organic in these parts.
I dont especially go looking for organic foods as they are usually more expensive, and being on  retired persons budget, we buy what is on special and what is seasonal, normally.

The lovely view to the north of us, as I was closing up the house around 9pm

Most of the vines around us have had haircuts today. This is the machine that does it. Pretty tricky!
The vines are growing like topsy right now. Our own vine is being pruned by Waz, who makes sure there are no new shoots growing, as we want the vine to put all it's energy into the grapes, right now. They are coming along nicely.




We managed to haul this old thing up from the garage/basement and I vacuumed all the debris/dust/spiders out of her before installing her back in the newly painted part of the living room. She still needed her drawers and doors. The new back Waz nailed in looks 100% on the previous back.
 Before the final change around of furniture.
 I was still figuring out where everything should go while Waz reinstalled the curtains.
 Poor man is reduced to this! Sitting in one of our comfy outside chairs in front of the World Cup Soccer on TV. Everything will be more or less out of here tomorrow as I start prepping this part of the living room for painting. I might take a day off, but really cant afford the time.
With our next container coming around the 11th of the month, I'm on a mission. Our NZ furnishings will go in this part. We can literally hand the sofa's over the windowsill, which is what we did when Michelle and Richard came for the pink sofa et al. Worked well, and no silly corners to negotiate.

Well, I'm all done in, so I'm going to hit the sack. It isnt as hot tonight as last night, fortunately...Oh! I needed to report that our new black-out curtains work really well. :)

A bientot.

2 comments:

  1. I love the transformation, the warm wood against the white walls. It really opens up the room with all that light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, quite a different and clean and bright look:)

      Delete